View Single Post
Old 29-04-19, 01:12

The Main Set Receiver and Remote Receiver are finally now running pretty much parallel to each other in their restoration process. It took a little longer to get the Main Set Receiver up to match the Remote Receiver than I had initially anticipated, but we are there now.

The next thing I plan to do is clean all the switch contacts on all the rotary switches of each receiver. I know the meter switches on both receivers are not as responsive as I would expect them to be, and a few positions on both require a bit of fiddling to find their sweet spots in regards to getting a good connection for the electrons to travel through. Some oxidation of contacts is to be expected, but it has to go.

Once that is done, my British Valve Adapter will finally get its workout and all valves will be tested in both receivers. While testing the valves, I thought I might as well take advantage of that opportunity to clean all the contact surfaces in the valve sockets and the pins on the valves themselves. If oxidation can build up on the inactive switch contacts over time, there is no reason it could not have built up in the socket connections as well, so best get rid of any that is present. I should be able to complete all of that work in the next couple of weeks or so.

David