Thread: Fv1600
View Single Post
Old 04-06-19, 10:18

Yep, seen it myself. It has rust in the usual spots roof, door sills, roof hatches. I spotted it in a house yard in a little town called Glenlyon not to far from Daylesford about 3 years ago and the owner wanted $7000 Aus for it.

It had a blown fuel pump and not moved for about 3 years prior. I was told that it underwent a complete mechanical overhaul, was road registered and attended many VMVC events. He had a NOS fuel pump for it and lost his MoJo to replace it, can understand this as it is an A..E of a job requiring triple jointed elbows and a body of a gymnast mixed in with heaps of enthusiasm and optimism.

The paint scheme i was told by the owner was South African cam pattern????

The owner was an EX 1st Armoured Regiment tankie and drove one in the 50's and 60's.

Now, i was told this by the owner - believe it or not!!!! - Whilst in service he scratched his Regimental Number into the body work above the passengers head, and this truck carry's the same numbers. It was the same truck!!!!!!!! once in a lifetime purchase. He purchased it due to this connection. I have seen the numbers myself and had no reason not to believe the story.

Looked at it after i had mine restored. If i had have seen this first i would have grabbed it as it looked like a good candidate for a resto.

Cheers,

Dave.
1 x 1945 FMC 1/4 Ton Trailer (restored)
1 x 1942 Bantam 1/4 Ton Trailer (restored)