Thread: Covid-19
View Single Post
Old 26-03-20, 14:41

Default First trip out the Old Foggies shopping hours

Hi All

Hay, Bob tried typing with rubber gloves but my touch screen didn't know I was there.

Wife and I went out at 5:30 a.m. this morning to the special Old Foggies shopping hours at the grocery store. Around here that means anybody who looks 60 or older, who is willing to come out and shop between 5:30 and 7:00 am.

This is only our second grocery shopping trip since the beginning of this. Last time it was spooky with lots of shelves empty. In particular, eggs, meat, stripped clean frozen food, bread were picked clean.

But what was of particular note was the paper products isle that had only 12 roles of paper towels, no TP or Kleenex. That was the bad news. The good news was they had filled empty paper product shelves with cases of BEER and it was on sale.

Well that was last time today it was a little better with at least a limited selection in all areas, paper products were stll a little thin. Accept for some strange reason the had lots of the jumbo paper napkins packages. Now only the bottom two shelves had case of BEER and it was still on sale. ( To be clear they didn't move the beer from it's normal isle, that isle was still full as well. )

Other observations almost everybody in the place shoppers and employees alike were wearing rubber gloves. Many wearing masks, or had their scarves covering nose and mouth. Everybody was also respecting the social distancing space.

Other than that living in a rural area not much, effect on us , we really feel for people living in high density area.

Cheers from the woods of New Hampshire Phil

Oh yes we have had to cut way down on watching the news, you can only take so much talking political heads, who really have nothing to say. No matter which side of political devide.
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com