Thread: CS8 Bowser
View Single Post
Old 24-12-18, 12:36

Quote:
hi Alex,
I remember one of those Patterson purification trailers coming into REME workshops in the mid-1970's, also saw one in an army museum in Australia some years ago. Not seen any on the rally scene though.
Hi Richard. I am not surprised that the trailers survived in service long after WW2.....it seems it's a useful bit of kit. Would be lovely to see one preserved or even at work at one of the rallys.

Quote:
The water point was filmed in Cruelly. The modern monument is right across the road from where the water point was.
Yes, I know the spot; I remember standing there last May. It's along the road that goes around the Chateau de Creully and also close to Chateau de Creullet that was Monty's "campsite" during the Normandy campaign.
I was just wondering where the two IWM pictures were taken; It shows a tower in the background....presumably a Chateau, but I haven't been able to narrow down the location. At first I though the location might have been Creully, just like the vid.....but after looking at pictures of the Chateau I think it's probably somewhere else.

Alex