View Single Post
Old 18-03-08, 10:51

Default Corowa 08

Well, it's over for another year. On behalf of the organising committee I would like to thank everyone who attended and participated.

We had over 175 vehicles entered this year which is a record. At the rate it is growing we should break the 200 mark next year. although the theme is the Year of the Blitz and Amphibian, please do not feel locked in to bringing these vehicles only. This is merely a theme. We welcome any and ALL ex military vehicles. With the success of the past weekend still ringing in our ears, we have been promised some armour again for next year.

The main feed back from this year was that it was more of an actual event, with virtually ALL the vehicles remaining in location for many hours.

The swap meet seemed a huge success with everyone as well. Although there was not as much shade as Bangarang Park, this was more than offset by the additional room for stall holders an addition to the ability to get vehicles in and around plus the multitudes of extra people that were at the venue.

Our thanks to the staff at the Corowa Jump Shak who had people jumping from aircraft at regular intervals, the Warbirds who did numerous fly bys and the AFVs who took turns in the arena. There was something happening at all times.

I think that the T34 was a highlight for many. It is the only one in the country and it would be the only chance for many people to see one let alone hear it running.

I have to say that I have a huge sense of pride that I was lucky enough to be part of the crew that brought that very vehicle to the event. I do not want to take anything from the others who brought vehicles. I thank Tim Scriven for letting me drive his M3 Stuart. This was a first for me and a memory I will cherish. There certainly was a huge scope in the variety of vehicles that came.

Again I cannot thank the committee and entrants enough for their efforts. Here's looking forward to next year......

It's not what you know
It's not who you know
It's what you know about who..