View Single Post
Old 12-06-18, 08:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Gallaghan View Post
well, I have sanded down to shinny metal with wet and dry paper and still no sign of a number, I'll keep looking and maybe widen my search area.
Yes, truck is RH drive and LH chassis rail is drilled for a steering box. Windscreen is fixed and has only one wiper.
Also was originally a 3 speed and the previous owner changed to a 4 speed which he said was more suited to the steep roads in his area.

We are combining some trucks then. The 120" wheelbase matches the axles as a 41-47 one ton, either US or Canadian. I'd suspect US as the "chassis" number is on the door plate and not actually on the chassis, though it could be either.
The one ton would originally have come with a four speed, the three speed was only standard on the half ton. It would have been pickup or flatbed originally - there was no 120" WB panel van body, just 116" or 133"

The cab looks like an ANZAC export civilian cab for local assembly, possibly of a half ton 4 x 2, which would originally have a three speed in it and a T112 engine

T110 Engine is Canadian light duty three ton, most likely military ( although there was civilian T110 ). Steering gear and controls could have come from the T110 donor or the RHD export cab.