Thread: Heads Up: 10.50-16 directional tyres
View Single Post
Old 30-11-07, 23:06
Addicted to Drab

Default Tires dispelling a rumour

Well I just spent about an hour mounting two of the 10.50 X16 tires that I received from Wallace Wade. I mounted them on the F15A rims from my truck.

There have been all sorts of yes and no's about whether they will fit on British Rims or not....well I am here to tell you that

YES THEY FIT......

Here is how it is done:

Put the tube and flap in the tire. Place the inside rim on a concrete floor. Place tire on rim....it doesn't fit on yet. Now place the outer rim on the tire. Remember very little air in the tube. Just enough to put some pressure on the flap. Now stand on the rims or have someone stand on the rim and start a nut....now another and another till all are on....now evenly tighten down with impact gun. Careful to watch the tube valve and a quick look at the flap. ok tighten right up. Now start adding air to the tire.....the tire will look lop sided on the rim....where the largest space between the bead and rim is....add some Murphy's soap for tube and tubless tires or household dishsoap....this will lub the little bit that must be set on the rim......add air till it pops on place and voila mounted....see pics.....they do fit.....

All the doubting Thomas' can rest assured a picture is worth a thousand words....tomorrow the last two

cheers

Mike from Windsor Ontario
Attached Thumbnails
mounted.jpg