View Single Post
Old 07-09-08, 16:00
T-16, C15A

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWO (ret) Gilles Aubé View Post
I am interested but I need to know how to mesure the box and at what price.

Gilles,

If you were to get a friend to help the measuring would be easier. Please measure at the top of the box - just where the bows slip into the sides. My box tapers a bit, so if we both measure at the same place we can compare notes.

Please take three measurements for me:

1) measure the length from outside front to the outside back, excluding the tailgate;

2) measure the width, at the front of the box, between the small rails for the front top bow, and;

3) measure the diagonal from left front to right rear of the box.

Send the numbers to me at: loys[at]gdls.com

The canvas maker looked at a few pictures of CMP trucks with tarps and gave me an approximate price of $500 Canadian. She is waiting for me to get the sample so she can look at the straps and I will offer a (nearly) firm price before production begins.

The sample I have available has no windows in the sides or end flaps. I have not seen a sample of the windows, so I think the tarps will get made without them. It will be easier to make them without windows as those could be added later. The factory pix I have show the windows on the early trucks, but without a sample I am hesitant to add them. ( This is where Jiffero should jump in and say that the tan cover with windows is available to view ... )

A fellow has asked for tan rather than green canvas. The last time I saw production military canvas goods being made ( in SK ) they piled up the cloth and cut it 20 layers at a time - and the machine did not care. I will ask her if she can make tan and green for the same money.

I guess that once the sample has been reviewed by the canvasmith and a firm price is set we can begin the (unpleasant) business of trying to get down payments, organize shipping, make bows, etc., etc. We have 6 cats here on the farm, and herding them will likely be easier ...

To date there are 9 tarps ordered.

Stewart