Thread: Info needed: C8A HUW J&J Restoration
View Single Post
Old 03-12-23, 11:43

Default C8A HUW J&J Restoration

Dear All,
I regularly follow the MLU forum with interest. However, I have never written an article to share opinions, thoughts and information with you.
A few years ago I had to sell a large part of my collection, because my workshop and storage space had to make way for another destination.
A large part of my collection was sold through an auction at BVA, which was also mentioned on the MLU forum.
With thanks to Hanno Spoelstra for some editorial pieces, the following link gives an insight into who I am and what I have done and collected:
http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...d.php?p=245124
A number of larger units, including the Ford FGT cab 13, the Limbers, the 25 Pdrs and the Ford F15A, are not sold. I have found a new storage space for this. I can move these items within a short time. The above items remain in my collection.

Then I came into possession of a Chevrolet C8A HUW that was offered on the MLU forum. See the following links for this. http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...d.php?p=250990
and a message from Ed Storey 26/11-17
http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/sh...110#post245110
It seems appropriate to name the restoration of this HUW after the well-known previous owners John and Johan (J&J).

My intention (!! ??) is to have the HUW inspected for a Dutch license plate this year.
So I have been working on a thorough restoration for several years now.
The current state of affairs can be seen in photos.

At that time I had to make decisions about the color.
I also discovered that taking a photo of a part to determine the color always looks different from reality.
I have tried to remove retrofitted old paint in many places and believe the vehicle was painted brown from the factory both inside and out. That ultimately became the basis of this Chevrolet C8A HUW.
This color almost matched the color of my Ford F-GT.

A number of technical data are known about this vehicle, but some data may still be missing.
Therefore, if possible, I would like to exchange ideas with you to obtain the correct information about this vehicle.
Some information known to me is listed on a data list (Vehicle Details) of the previous owners, Mr. John Marchant and Mr. Johan van Rijn, see photo. Also a photo of the dashboard.
Well, I found the same chassis number on the chassis. The engine number does not match the chassis number plate. Now the engine number is PR3831815.

I still have to find the dimensions to make all the steel cabinets.

I would like to hear if all this old technical data can be correct.

Kind regards.
Bert

Click image for larger version

Name:	20231121_104737 FW.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	694.3 KB
ID:	136529 Click image for larger version

Name:	20231121_104816 FW.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	639.2 KB
ID:	136530

Click image for larger version