Thread: Info needed: C8A HUW J&J Restoration
View Single Post
Old 05-12-23, 11:27
MLU Administrator

Default Great restoration!

Hello Bert,

Good to see you on here and congrats on the restoration of the "J&J" HUW - it really looks great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert den Brok View Post
A number of technical data are known about this vehicle, but some data may still be missing.
Therefore, if possible, I would like to exchange ideas with you to obtain the correct information about this vehicle.
Some information known to me is listed on a data list (Vehicle Details) of the previous owners, Mr. John Marchant and Mr. Johan van Rijn, see photo. Also a photo of the dashboard.
Well, I found the same chassis number on the chassis. The engine number does not match the chassis number plate. Now the engine number is PR3831815.

I would like to hear if all this old technical data can be correct.
I think you already know a lot of history and technical details about your HUW. In fact, much more than other CMP owners often know. If you do not have it, I will dig our John Marchant's "work and play with CMPs" booklet and see if there is additional info in it. Possibly Ed Storey can chime in as well.

It was quite common for engines to be changed out, so the fact that it is now fitted with a different engine than the one which was fitted in the factory is nothing to be concerned about.