Thread: Info needed: C8A HUW J&J Restoration
View Single Post
Old 09-12-23, 17:52

Hello Maurice,
The stamped chassis number could indeed have been applied at a later date. I assume this is an original number. Also because there are various indications that justify the time of manufacture, including the dashboard, the overflow tank, reinforced rear chassis beams and the pattern of the floor plates.
By the way, I also found a stamped chassis number on a CGT that is yet to be restored.

Had decided not to do that for the time being with regard to the cammo painting. If necessary, it is always possible.

The colors inside (behind) were also a mixed bag. The base color was brown with white on top, then a dirty green color and then partly white and partly a light grayish color.
Now the walls and roof inside (behind) have become white. The floor, wheel arches and inside doors are brown like the exterior color. See picture.
What is missing from the photo are the cabinets against the side walls. I don't have enough information about this yet to make them. There is one seat too many, but I did that to possibly get more people on the license plate.

Hello Ed, Mike and Kelly,
Now I can understand why the letters “W/T” were on the vehicle. There was still a copper woven cable in the frame on the driver's side. From the starter motor to the ammeter. There was also a small part of this behind the dashboard. Other cables had to be replaced.
Measured on site and made in advance.
The lettering of the vehicle will still be adjusted with the letters “W/T”.

Thanks for your responses.
Regards, Bert
Attached Thumbnails
20231128_114843 MLU Binnen achter.jpg   20220517_105504 MLU Bekabeling War.jpg