View Single Post
Old 20-03-13, 09:30
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Some sad news I've been asked to share

Firstly we were saddened to hear during the event of the death of Charlie Anderson, who did not attend this Corowa event but was a regular there.

This message was sent to me for your information:

Quote:
Subject: Memorial for Charlie Anderson

We have now received details of the Memorial Meeting being organised for Charlie. His son, also Charlie, advised me that the Celebration of his life will take place on Tuesday, the 26th March, at 1.30 PM at the Baptist Church, 22 White Street, Nerang.
The details of this will be printed in this Thursday’s Courier Mail. The occasion will allow one speaker from each of the Clubs to which Charlie belonged, to speak for a few minutes. It will not be a religious service.
There will be tea or coffee and sandwiches following the speeches.
I have been particularly asked by the family to request no flowers, however if you would like to donate, they would request that you support either the Leukaemia Foundation at GPO Box 9954, Brisbane, Q. 4001 or The Myeloma Foundation of Australia at 335 Swan Street, Richmond, Victoria. 3121. Phone 03 9428 7444.
Once again, I would request that you pass this information on to other members who may not have access to the internet.

Rob Fraser.
Two other attendees were hospitalised with different ailments, and we extend our best wishes to them for a speedy recovery.

We were also shocked to hear today of an accident which occurred as one attendee was returning home from Corowa on Tuesday when a tyre reportedly blew out on his Land Rover causing it to roll, resulting in the driver's death.

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern