View Single Post
Old 06-08-04, 17:14
Vets Dottir

Hi John.

Thanks a lot for the story about Sgt Good. I love to hear the "individuals" stories ... gives history a bigger picture of personal lives involved and effected too ...

You know, when I read, or hear about, these stories of "heroism", whether during military conflict or civi actions, I think about my own crazy impulse to jump in and do what needs to be done to "save/protect" ... people have called me nuts but its such a spontaneous and thoughtless decision and action ... which is also strange considering my own history ... I've tended to "freeze" and submit or something, when attack is directed towards me personally ... but when someone else is in danger ... I often have "kneejerk" jumped right in and thought about risks and consequences later. And here I be still alive and about it

By the way... I really enjoyed the painting you posted ... makes me want to stockup on painting supplies again and have at it

MANITOBA ... Manitoba has a huge population of aboriginal and metis ... a concentrated area from way back when. Many MANY of the soldiers in WW2 (and other actions) were aboriginal. I imagine the natives to have brought a lot of traditonal and cultural skills and abilities to battle with them and many would have excelled in "hunting"