View Single Post
Old 24-06-22, 16:08

Thanks for your quick reaction, guys!
If these were used simply to collect metal than I agree. But in general the device was pointless IMHO, for I cannot agree with the caption in the book mentioned above. A tin can cannot be more dangerous for the tyres than non-magnetic broken glass bottle, for example.
Fitted to the rear of a tracked vehicle it sounds more or less reasonable but on a wheeled softskin it is pointless there, IMHO. The same for a trailer.
However, we have what we have, and the model is almost finished already. But I have a difficult times again, as always.
There are some antenna rod-like things with L-shaped bases on the beam ends. I've thought they are width rods but later I've decided thay are too thin for this. My next guess was these are poles for warning flags, like those on snow ploughs. There is something like a white (yellow?) flag on the left one, or this is something on the background? Regretfully the picture quality isn't enough to say for sure.
Any ideas?

TIA!

Click image for larger version

Name:	CCKW-353-Nailpicker-Red-Ball-express-crop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	129200
https://i.postimg.cc/NGH8Tx8h/CCKW-3...press-crop.jpg

Last edited by Hanno Spoelstra; 26-06-22 at 12:01. Reason: attached photo instead of link