View Single Post
Old 06-03-04, 23:10
carrier mech

Mike
Yeh, I'm the guy who has the Cdn IR 105 compressor. The coupling went down last summer and I still have to re-assemble it. I have a ferret hull here from the Shilo museum waiting for sandblasting in the spring so I will re-assemble the compressor in April when the snow goes.
The compressor half looks the same as yours but my waukesha engine is definitely different.
I'll get some pics of mine in the spring and post them, but probobly not on this thread. Boy we are sure getting away from the antenna bag question.
JD:
I would be that ex-armoured militia type. But the M38s were all retired ( last of them in 1974) and I didn't join up until 1978. We used the M38Cdn2 and 3s as well as 4 of the M151A2s. The set-up for the C42s had changed by then. The ATUs had of course moved to the back of the jeep on top of the spare tire bracket (resulting in cracking to the rear body panels) and the stowage of the antenna rods was non-existant. The BB46 set-up was deleted in it's entirety as well. I do recall seeing one of the fender mounted ATU brackets still in service in 81 in Borden.
The C-42 was a funny radio; some days you had to "relay thru me" a message simply because the two jeeps who were trying to talk to each other were on the opposite sides of a bridge, and the next day you could be talking to taxi operators in Florida.