View Single Post
Old 22-12-13, 22:46
Film maker, CMP addict

Default Engine sounds

I agree, usually prefer just to hear the engine sounds but I note that was all shot from a helicopter with a Tyler (gyro) mount as well as a couple of onboard POV shots from the B17. Having shot a lot of air to air my experience is you can usually only hear the aircraft you are in, and in the case of the helicopter mount they could not record any at all so have to build a soundtrack. Not impossible but very hard to get right. I have a lot of sound recorded inside the Hudson with the sound of a pair of Wright Cyclones which is awesome in itself but virtually anything shot from the ground has the doppler effect.
They could at least have used the wonderful sound with the few ground to air shots though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Waterman View Post
Hi Tony

Thanks for posting the link to a great Video, but where can you get the alternate sound track the one with just the sound of the those big engines?

I know they are making the video for the general public who have no appreciation for the sound of those big radials or big Vs. But I love the sound of those engines. It would be great if somebody made a video of some of the great old planes with a really good sound track.

There is one video of the Canadian Landcaster that has some good sound bits in it.

Cheers Phil

42 FGT No8 (Aust) remains
42 FGT No9 (Aust)
42 F15
Keith Webb
Macleod, Victoria Australia
Also Canadian Military Pattern Vehicles group on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianmilitarypattern