View Single Post
Old 14-11-21, 21:42
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Parker View Post

Honest question...when they ban paper money and the only way to pay for anything is by tapping some magic box with your phone, how exactly will we oldsters survive?
We will trade as much as possible.

I have always liked cash, and made some pretty major purchases with only bills. With Covid, my habits changed a bit and I got pretty used to the tap and go of the bank card. I recently decided to start going back to cash. Went to withdraw $400 for some pocket money, and the bank machine reported it was not able to complete the transaction. But my online banking showed they took the $400 out of my account.

I waited a day to see if it would fix itself. It didn't so I called the number on the machine....they told me to call my bank. Called my bank, only got an answering machine and no callback. So the next day I explained the story on my online banking. Got a message back they were going to investigate but let my bank know. Called my bank and got the same answering machine message from the day before...still not updated. So I drove the 30kms to my bank. They saw I opened an investigation, but they moved $400 into my account pending the outcome of the investigation. Then a week later I got $400 put into my account from some other source.So now I am up $400, but will give it a week before trying to call my bank again to get them to take their money back.

Their conspiracy to get me away from cash might just work yet.