View Single Post
Old 17-11-21, 21:05
Bluebell

Over here, we have about 6 banks. Nearly all of them are Australian owned (including the bank of New Zealand) I happen to bank with the ANZ. It is only open 3 days a week. Apparently the banks have to report every transaction involving more than (I think) $5,000. As a semi retired (ok, 68yo) I have spent a lot of time trying to educate myself on money and how it is created, the banks, and government and their roles in it. The system worldwide is corrupt. I have developed a dislike for both and have now become a bitcoiner. Rightly or wrongly this is where I now keep the bulk of my money ("bulk" makes it sound like a lot!) I still have my bank accounts for the normal day to day life stuff. Although Btc is risky, it has been running for 11 years without an issue. It is open 24/7. It is "A store of value"
It will become more mainstream as time goes by. There is a lot to learn and I can see it is particularly difficult for us older people. You would need a smart phone or computer to receive and send payments, so some of us would not cope. I too have a lot to learn on this. If you should venture into it, be careful.

If you have some time to waste, here is a podcast on youtube from your Jordan Peterson. It is educational on Bitcoin, your current currency (fiat money) and also climate change. There is 2 hours of it, so probably not many will go there. I dont know how to set up a link so you will have to copy and paste. The Immaculate Conception: Bitcoin vs Fiat Standard | Dr. Saifedean Ammous | The JBP Podcast S4: E58

Carrier Armoured O.P. No1 Mk3 W. T84991
Carrier Bren No2.Mk.I. NewZealand Railways. NZR.6.
Dodge WC55. 37mm Gun Motor Carriage M6
Jeep Mb #135668
So many questions....

Last edited by Lynn Eades; 17-11-21 at 21:36. Reason: added extra.