View Single Post
Old 15-09-16, 00:05
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Parker View Post
Bases, insulators, guys and spikes for the masts if they aren't in the aerial gear bag, 2 pair of 85 AH batteries in wooden cases, hydrometer and case, message pads, cyphers and office logs, equipment working instructions, POL tins, cam net, broom and dust pan, signaler, driver and NCO......

I haven't seen a kit list and suspect it was a combination of everything required for each of the wireless set, remotes, aerial gear, generators and vehicle. Chris S. might know.
Unfortunately, no. I suspect what you need is the relevant pamphlet from "Regulations for the equipment of the Army" Part 2, Pamphlet 13 (+ a letter suffix), although those may have been readily available at the time. The ones I do have are sections F, J & P and deal with telegraph companies (Air-Line section, Supplementary Reserve and Line Maintenance). They do list all the tools, equipment, and consumable supplies for each type of unit.

As for a signal office, most of the supplies were issued in "Boxes, Telegraph Equipment, Unit 'B'" which turns out to be a standard legal "Deed Box" (lockable) painted the usual green, and holding message pads (C2128, C2130, C2136, as required) Wireless Log, Signal Register (B2504), writing materials, the Stamp, Army Signal Dating (possibly), D/R docket books, and so forth (depending on the size/scale of the signal office).

Needs more research!

Chris.