View Single Post
Old 30-04-17, 10:23
Ian Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Creighton View Post
Hi Ian,
Good to see you are getting back into the restoration again.
You say in the beginning that you are not a perfectionist. Even so, pulling that rear end completely out, getting rid of the rust that will be between the plates, making a new xmember, painting it and riveting it all back together again will give you lots of satisfaction when you stand back and look at the finished job.

Re the paint:
On my current Morris Commercial job I am using Wattyl Solarguard roof paint over PPG Industrial Coatings Protecto Primer. Sandblasted and hand prepared steel. Good for wood as well.
Guaranteed for 15 years on house roofs so no porosity with that and it's so easy to apply by brush or spray.
10 times easier than the 2 pot "Lechsys" system that I used on the Ford restoration and no horrible solvents involved. A lot cheaper as well.
Their stock "Karaka" colour suits me fine but they will probably tint it to whatever colour you want.
Best regards, Terry
Thanks Terry,
I am going to use my favoured paint of Concept. It is not cheap but it remains pretty stable in colour and finish. Wattyl in my neck of the woods is a swear word lol.

Cheers,
Ian

F15A,
2x Army Land Rover 88' sIIA's
GPW
Other stuff