Thread: Auto Carrier...
View Single Post
Old 03-10-06, 02:57
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Auto Carrier...

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Blair
As a matter of moving parts and pieces to full bodies and vehicles ,a buddy of mine is leaving western Canada with an empty tilt and load and a trailer to come to Ontario ,possible on a regular basis..I suggest the Toronto area and maybe the Ottawa area,depending on the traffic..
Anyone that would care for these services contact me off line..
He will be full going west from east full,but may be able to fit parts and pieces going west..for a fee naturally but probably with less hassle that any other shipping way..

I think the first trip will be to the Toronto area on the 22-23 of October,so hustle..get your stuff here before the snow flys..
I jumped the gun here a little too soon..My buddy has an antique auto auction company and he will be coming east with an empty tilt and load and thought it was great idea,but the more he investigated ,ie ..with his insurance company,finds out he can only carry old cars that are part of his company inventory...Is a private carrier not commercial..
So although he will be investigating how to legally get this changed to bring stuff east from out west,he can't accept loads at this time...
So he will be working on that angle but can not haul anything at this time..
Sad to see an empty tilt and load coming east when it could be bringing those rust free CMPS from the west..(He thought so too..)so is looking into how they can do it legally..
Will stay on top of it and keep y'all posted