View Single Post
Old 01-03-03, 12:19

Post Maintenance Manual / Parts List

Hello Martin,

Your Chevrolet have once been fitted with "Special Cold Weather Equipment - SCWE".

As far as I know the Canadians had two standards of special equipment for cold weather operations, "winterized" for use in temperatures down to -29 degr. F (-20 C) and "arcticised" for use in temperatures down to -40 degr. F (-40 C). To my knowledge the SCWE is supposed to be cold weather equipment according to the "winterized" standard.

I own 3 Chevrolet C15 delivered under contract SM 6050 which was once equipped with the "SCWE".

I have enclosed a scanned image to show the publication plates according to one of the vehicles and the special equipment.

The "C-SCWE-01" is the parts list for the "SCWE" and the "MB-C2-W" is the Maintenance Manual. I have a original copy of the parts list but have never seen the MB-C2-W. According to the late Peter Ford's excellent CMP-INFOEX the "MB-C2-W" is a supplement to the "MB-C2" Maintenance Manual. But as far as I can read the publication plate for the vehicle the "MB-C2-W" must be a "MB-C2" with the supplement printed as a part of the manual. In the "Drivers Handbook C15-HB1-W" the supplement about the "SCWE" is printed in the book.

Hopefully someone can help to solve the question about the "MB-C2-W".
Attached Thumbnails
skilt-scwe.jpg