View Single Post
Old 07-02-19, 02:04

Thank you for your nice comments, Bob.

I am not sure about production just yet. I am still on the dark side of all the wiring that will have to be done, but am looking forward to that challenge. The Wiring Diagram and photos Bruce McMillan posted will be a huge help in that phase.

As for the lettering, that is a product called ‘LETRASET Instant Lettering’ I actually purchased in 1976 at a local Drafting supply store, back in the day when the human brain reigned supreme and hand eye coordination a wonder. I was restoring my 1st M38CDN back then and needed a means to replicate the white ‘HIGH BEAM’ decal under the red indicator lamp on the Instrument Panel. The chap who ran our Drafting Office in the Geology Department at the UofM suggested I go and check the product out as they used a lot of it creating all sorts of geological maps for thesis publications and research papers.

I picked up several interesting sheets in white and black print and still have them, with original backing sheets and storage bags, sitting flat in a credenza drawer in our office here at home. I usually apply the lettering after measuring out where it all needs to go (usually several times) before the paint fully cures. It seems to bond really well doing that. You can apply a clear coat, but I only ever did that with the M38CDN lettering: a small rectangle surrounding the lettering to simulate a clear water transfer decal backing.

David