View Single Post
Old 18-05-20, 04:07

Default Been a while so time for an update.

So the Cambridge has been researched and I have looked at the options for what to do with it.

For the power pack I have pulled and sold the old B80 and the transmission. The new engine will be a non turbo charged V8 diesel engine from an MLVW (Canadian 2 1/2 ton troop lift truck. This should give more than enough power and will make for a very solid old engine with plenty of power. The transmission is an automatic.
After opening up the final drive casing there is no 5 speed built in, it was simply linked back under the grime to the transmission. The final drive still had a good coating of oil on the gears so still functions very well. The advantage of the forward and reverse lever on the final drive is that the engine rotation is not an issue. Just reversing the lever sorts that problem out.

The strange radiator is in good shape with no leaks and should be easy to fit to the newer engine. Keeping the unique radiator is going to make the fitting of a rad to the vehicle very easy since the cowl was welded to the hull. It will fit right back into place.

As I get more time to work on this chassis I will finish cleaning out the gunk and give it a sand blast and paint before dropping in the engine. I have to paint the Bofors and a CMP anyways so why not go all the way to green on it while I am at if...
Complete- Bofors 40mm on carriage
Complete Reproduction- Vickers, Model 1937 Tank
Waiting restoration- 1950 Cambridge carrier, Ford CMP Water truck, 1943 Universal carrier, 1945 Dodge APT truck, Canadian C3 Howitzer, several parts vehicles and a few ideas.....

Last edited by Jon Bradshaw; 21-05-20 at 04:52.