View Single Post
Old 18-06-21, 23:50
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petr Brezina View Post
Hi Chris, thanks a lot, space in my carrier is 64cm wide (wall to wall), 55cm between the "quick change" bars. So it seems that No.25 Carrier can tightly fit.
It should fit in that space - my measurement allowed a little extra width for protruding screw heads, etc., and I suspect the No.25 carrier was designed to fit in this space.
Quote:
May I get some picture of No.25 carrier from the bellow, please?
Yes, but I will need to clear some space and get the setup moved to where I can photograph it. This may take a few days.
Quote:
Would bars on No.25 fit on bars on UC floor (55cm between)?
No: the bars are meant to hold a wooden board with the standard radio table clamps, spaced for the Carrier No.25 - it's a lot narrower than the No.1 or No.3 (21 or 23) carriers. The board also holds a "Batten, Terminal, 2-pt" for the 12 volt power feed to the set. If you look at Photo No.1 you can see the hole in the bulkhead where the battery cable passes through into the front compartment. The bars on the carrier floor have a cone at the rear (which will engage with a hole in the edge of the board - probably metal edged for protection), and the hole at the front is probably tapped for a suitable screw or bolt to hold the board in place. See if it has a BSF thread?
Quote:
Found on the net few pics of No.25, but not sure about exact dimensions. Also one carrier has interestingly bars cutted of (picture) - why?
Someone was an idiot (or a vandal), and cut the bars off, then drilled holes in the channel (probably to fit the post-WW2 "Barry" mounts) for a permanent installation somewhere.
Quote:
I have already acquired some stuff, but still many parts missing.
Thanks for your help.
You're welcome.

I may set my WS19 up as though it is fitted in that carrier so you can see what it looks like (and if you think it is the correct setup for the vehicle).

Best regards,
Chris.