View Single Post
Old 21-11-22, 14:25
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petr Brezina View Post
May I also ask for some dimensions regarding fixing straps for the WS set on the carrier, please? Its very hard to obtain them so I decided to make some. Many thanks in advance!
There is only one (very long) strap used on the Carrier No.25 and you will need to make up an adapter plate for the supply unit.

The fixed end of the strap attaches to the side of the supply unit (using the 'keyhole' slots), then passes underneath the carrier to the right hand side, goes around the wireless set, and the adjustable end attaches to the adapter plate which is screwed to the top of the supply unit case.

The adapter plate (I do not have, and need to make one for my own carrier) is needed to 'reverse' the keyhole slots in the top of the supply unit case - as designed, the slots are to the left (for when the supply unit is laid on top of the set on Carrier No.22), and Carrier No.25 needs them pointing to the right.

The plate also needs a 'step' rolled into it so that the keyhole slots are clear of the top of the supply unit by enough distance that the studs on the strap end plate (the adjustable one) can fit through the holes.

Question: has anyone got one of the adapter plates (it's shaped like a house) and can supply measurements? (If not, we'll have to work it out from the diagram in the "Carriers, Set (Various)" manual.)

Chris.