Thread: MLVW sightings
View Single Post
Old 24-02-11, 03:31
Gilles Chartrand

I was speaking to the owner of Prefair in Montreal and he told me that he has been in contact in reference to buying all the MLVWs in quebec and Ontario. He has sent several letters but no replies have been received. I have spoken to a few people and they have told me that bases are putting MLs into a compound and units are cannabalizing them to keep the fleet going.
I was told by a Provincial policeman that in Quebec the SAAQ controls all VINs and I probably could have a registration as a artisanal truck, to have this I would have to change the engine, transmission and do a modification to the frame such as shortning or in my case removing an axle.
He then said he would sign a paper and the license office would issue a new VIN. What I did after I got the registration was my decision. So to get this let's buy a MLVW BOB it, shorten the frame, remove an axle etc.
Believe me, my head hurts from banging it on the wall but I am a masochist and will keep trying to find a loophole.
What we are seeing with the MLVW will probably be the fate all all Cdn MVs.
For those that don't know the Cdn M113 and AVGP family are in a compound somewhere and their fate is in the hands of a US company who is trying to sell them to other countries, I have called them to buy a M113. No Luck