View Single Post
Old 26-02-08, 22:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Webb View Post
I'm sure I speak for many others here who have been equally hospitable to me around Australia too, having stayed with the likes of Max, Tony, the Thompsons and others. The nights are always late - there are so many things to show and talk about. The time really flies!
Since my visit to Australia in '95 for Back To The Track, I have also received great hospitality from fellow enthusiasts in Australia. Too many to mention really, but one in particular, Dave Brown shared his Land Rover 2a with me on BTTT and a number of the Corowa weeks, and let me stay at his flat on a number of occasions. There are many others who have made my visits memorable, they know who they are, to which I say a big Thank You.

It has been great to see a good number of Aussies come over to England in the past few years for Normandy tour and Beltring and I try and help with arrangements where possible. In fact, I have one coming over to stay with me at Beltring this year. As next year is the MVT Normandy Tour, I am torn between that and Corowa. It was my intention to come over to Corowa this year but unforeseen matters here have forced me to change plans, so it looks positive for going to Corowa in 2009 for the 30th.

Incidentally, it is a great pity that the www.corowaswim-in.org website has not kicked off, despite being advertised. It has rather missed the boat this year, for helping to keep people in touch with arrangements, instead of having to wade through several threads on this site. Is there not someone nearer to home ( on KVE committee maybe ) who could run in, with all the latest info to hand?

1943 Bedford QLD lorry - 1941 BSA WM20 m/cycle - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk2
Member of MVT, IMPS, MVG of NSW, KVE and AMVCS
KVE President & KVE News Editor