View Single Post
Old 11-03-15, 09:14
V.M.V.C

time for a dodge update

i have commenced stripping down the 2 engines i have to see which one is suitable for a rebuild.

both appear to be in reasonable shape. i picked them both up for $300 from a deceased estate in melbourne. the guy i dealt with was unable to tell me what they came out of. some kind of car based on the clutch and bell housing that were attached to one of them.

they are both the larger capacity engine, 2 inches longer than the T214 it should have in it. i am after a bit more grunt to help with the diff's i have put in it.

i have been doing some research in an attempt to figure out what size they are but am not really sure by the numbers i'm looking at. everything i have searched on the net hasn't been much help as these things were built for decades in a large variety of sizes.

the engine number is :P2018114C
and has :K260 cast in the bottom of the block
L20 cast in the head

anyone familiar with these engines please fill me in, the only engine i can find listed on the net with 260 was a straight 8?? confused i will attempt to attach some photos if this thing lets me.

this is the one i plan to use, seems to be a bit more modernized with an automatic choke and a few other minor differences. hopefully more power??

the other has 231 in the side of the block and :E131

Last edited by jake neville; 11-03-15 at 09:21.