View Single Post
Old 24-10-05, 19:48

Default Deac's

A deac. inspection is nor required since the Ontario CPFO requires
a deactivation to be done by a deactivator on their list. He then informs CFC directly that the dirty deed is done and they mail a letter confirming the firearm has been deactivated and must remain that way (or else?). I agree on overlap of laws, in fact you can download the deac. form, complete it and mail it and likely
they would remove it from registration. HOWEVER we then bump noses with the CFPO who wants a pro to do it. I mean after all
if it has to be done why not have a guy on the list do it?? Any problems afterwards are his. You did the right thing.
A local large Military Club does his own welding and mails in the form. He doesn't do it by code ( not leaving the trigger group complete and welding it in place) but says his way is just as good.
He even pulls out the barrel on big full autos because its too hard to drill through. Then drops a bolt in and welds it there.
The specs are there why take thechance? As far as the Smoke dischargers go, in reality I don't think they have time to notice them but just the same they are on the prohibited list.