Thread: Low compression
View Single Post
Old 06-03-16, 22:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Eades View Post
Malcolm, I assume that the MkI* dizzy is the pre 42 divers helmet type.

What was the situation with the fuel pump (i know you had another thread about it, but wasn't really following it)
If your pump was over riding the needle valve I guess it might have washed oil from the valve stems,while it was trying to stay running. (before it was parked up)
Does this engine run the original carb, or is it running a 94?
If the choke was on, it probably would have flooded, and stalled.
I volunteer at a military museum in Oshawa, Ontario and there are always lots of things needing fixed so my focus has swung away from this carrier for a while. However, I will check the torque on the head nuts cos that's easy to do.

To answer your questions, yes, it has the divers helmet dizzy.

The fuel pump wasn't pulling up fuel from the tank when I tried to start it to do the testing. I had to rig up a temporary supply.

Re carb, I can't remember. The owner buys restored vehicles from the UK, so it might be a British carrier, so a Solex? I'll check.

I meant choke stuck partly closed rather than fully closed. It was quite common with the automatic chokes on cars over here. I've seen it cause severe wear right at the top of the bores, where the compression ring needs all the help it can get.

Malcolm