View Single Post
Old 28-08-05, 09:02
Vets Dottir

Quote:
Originally posted by cmperry4
BTW, this may only mean anything to Karmen, but Robinson's place was right on Hwy 59 - which for those who don't know is a busy four-laner to cottage country. He was not way in the bush, but the house is well off the road.
Thanks for those links to the stories Mark. BTW ... at age 6 we moved from Beaconia/Balsam Bay to Beausejour where I started school and went through to complete grade 5, so I know Beausejour

Highway 59 ... if you're talking St. Clements, I'm a little confused ... I know there's a turnoff on 59 that heads to Selkirk ... before Beaconia turnoff coming from Wpg... maybe even close to Scanterbury turnoff? I was just that way last year but don't remember.

Hey Mark ... this is a really off the wall question ... but around Scanterbury turnoff I think : on 59, there is a memorial ... also gas station/cafe/lodge of some sort ... with MATTHEW SINCLAIR MEMORIAL LODGE ... I've bombed all over the place in trying to find out more information about that place and the story behind its anming and honouring Matthew. It's supposedly named after my Mom's fisrt husband ... (he left the family about 1950-ish and died around 1992 I think) ... how can I find out more details??? If you know and can give me some ideas, I'd be really appreciative.

Hey ... mosquitoes will be gone for a few months again soon!!!!

Karmen