Thread: Cmp c15a gs
View Single Post
Old 14-06-11, 13:18
aut viam inveniam aut fac

my understanding is that the new Cdn vehicles shipped to the theatre got sidelined to the British, and the Cdns got mostly the rather tired vehicles used by the 8th Army in N Africa..so possibly they would have been sand coloured prior to painting.

|In looking at some modelling sites- where these issues are also heaviily discussed..

"The vehicles sent from Canada were often one basic colour. CMP trucks were still being sent to Italy during 1943 in ME Light Stone 61 and many were never repainted. When they were, SCC 2 brown or Light Mud would have been usual for the period. You can accurately leave off the disruptive colour "

Personally, I might go with the sand (light stone) or light mud...than the turd brown..it would be accurate it seems, looke much nicer, AND make a very nice change as there arent that many Cdn restored vehicles in the sand colour...and you get a chance to educate the public about Cdn actions and contributions in a theatre (N Afr) that most Cdns dont know about....in addition to Italy

perhaps some other folks have some thoughts on this?