View Single Post
Old 09-08-10, 13:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Watson View Post
Thanks for all info, am busy now working through it all.

Ian, even I could have told you F was for Front Wheel Drive...I mean Right Hand Down!! or Rear Hub Damaged!!!
How's my brother Ford doing?

Nigel
I knew that! 'F' means 'Foreign' = not made in the U.S. = Made in Canada for those silly places that don't drive on the same side of the road = Foreign = Right Hand Drive! Bugger, that means mine was right in the first place, so will now have to convert it all back!!

To answer the question still awaiting time and enthusiasm to finish. Was up and running with MOT, took it to get retrimmed, problem with brakes due to blocked master cylinder return. Easy fix, completed within several weeks. However........ while under there decided to do wheel cylinders, lead to shoes coming off, lead to backplates coming off lead to underside repaint!! Then Carryall came along requiring work for Normandy Tour, Then WOC 1, then Chevy Ute requiring preparation for 90th Anniversary fof Passendaelle, Bethune Trip and Normandy again. This year it was all stops out on the WOC1 for Guernsey and Dunkirk, going like a dream 2,500 trouble free miles. Therefore 01A'F' still on axle stands. Will complete sometime, unless something else comes along!

Ian