View Single Post
Old 28-02-11, 01:25

Default Detail photos

Hi Rob

Below are pictures of the two areas you mentioned the tow rings and the cross member area just under the driver back wall. I have not seen any evidence of problems, guess my HUP as lived a more sheltered life despite a lot of off roading. I guess I abused it in the way that it was designed to be used, as compared to the many HUPs that were made into tow trucks by local garages.

Next area of discussion I want to bring up is what I've found as paint colors. My frame was primed with black paint, possibly not true primer as it is a gloss black, this was over sprayed with a layer of Olive Drab which was unevenly applied some areas missed completely and others nearly an 1/8" thick.

It is obvious that the frame and parts bolted to it were sprayed OD before assembly then the whole underside was sprayed again once assemble. This is evident because the engine which was painted black had OD over spray shadow areas from the splash shields.

Transmission, bell housing, transfer case appear to just have been painted with OD. They had to have been painted before installation because there is paint in hidden areas.

Cheers Phil

Cheers Phil
Attached Thumbnails
MLU 2-15 Beast Rebuild Camera 019.jpg   MLU 2-4 Beast Rebuild Camera 051.jpg  
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com