Thread: Info needed: Morris C8 radiator
View Single Post
Old 05-05-17, 19:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldavies View Post
Thanks Richard as this thing has been developing I am seeing were the V or C makes the difference, it will take a while to bed in with adjustment along the way. The spring is the biggest worry as I spoke with the company rep a couple of days ago and wasn't impressed with him but I may be wrong time will tell I suppose but they were recommended.
hi Paul,
To be perfectly honest, that Air-Lock system has no bearing on water blowing out. It only comes into operation when the cap is removed. This locks off air/expansion space in the header tank, so that you cannot put too much water in the radiator, thus weakening the anti-freeze, and also if overfilled it would blow out. So, providing you have enough water to cover the top hose fitment, then I would say you should be good to go and see how it behaves. You will find with a lot of these non-pressurised systems that if you put too much water in, there will be an initial blow out of water, then it will settle down, it is knowing to what point you fill to.

regards, Richard

1943 Bedford QLD lorry - 1941 BSA WM20 m/cycle - 1943 Daimler Scout Car Mk2
Member of MVT, IMPS, MVG of NSW, KVE and AMVCS
KVE President & KVE News Editor