View Single Post
Old 21-05-17, 17:54

And so another vehicle display/reenactor event within Ottawa wraps up. The weather was clear and sunny, the paying crowds (at $15 a head) where steady and asked plenty of questions, organization........well nobody got injured or starved to death, and the heroic Battle of Landsdowne Park had plenty of booms and bangs. This event gave me an opportunity to meet folks interested in history and see some neat little displays such as the "Home Guard" gang and the fellow with the 1942 Buick.

I brought two rare and unique historic vehicles for display both restored to a very high standard and I humbly feel certainly added value to the folks reenacting German troops and the over all event in general with period signage, blanks and loans of dewats. The event cost me in time, resources, fuel and vehicle mileage.

So shuttling the first vehicle back home last night I return to pick up the second only to find that some disrespectful idiot within the "encampment" had thought it great fun to disrespect me, my work, and my vehicle. I have a very good idea who did that and FULLY expect those involved to man up, grow a spine(s), and publicly apologize (at CTF 2018 will be fine). When an owner puts a vehicle out on display its one thing to watch out as the public attempts to take liberties with your property, but the people involved in running the event should NOT be dicking around with things that are NOT theirs !! And yes I am pissed on a couple levels and fully hold the "organizational" gang responsible for that childish prank ! So grow up and never F**k with things that one has no business F**king with !!!

Last edited by James P; 21-05-17 at 19:38.