View Single Post
Old 12-02-11, 13:15

Default Canadian APT

If it looks like a US Weapon Carrier it sounds like your friend has got an APT, a Canadian AirPorTable version of the Weapon Carrier.

It is very similar to a 3/4 ton Weapon Carrier but every bit is just a fraction different. Engine is longer (25") and so on. The APT came with a back body that looked like a Weapon carrier body, but many of them were noticeably narrower, Don't have any pics here.

I think the only adivce I would give is that all the engine parts pretty much just interchange with other Canadian 25" engines, particualrly length-related parts like cam, crank, head and sump gaskets, etc, etc.

It's quite possible somone has found an APT chassis / cab and put a US back body on it, but I believe the very first APTs had the same width body as the US equivalent, which might be confusing. No idea how you would positively identify an original APT rear body, other than the narrowness of the later ones.

There are many other right hand drive Canadian trucks in the T212, T222, and T110L series that a US body could be fitted to, but they would have the very obvious points of right hand drive and civilian type front wings