View Single Post
Old 23-12-18, 12:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Storey View Post
Leopard Figures

Two Questions

1. So when D&M tanks went in for rebuild were other Leopard C1s converted to D&M status thus accounting for the 37 recorded?

2. The 24 hulls, I have nothing on these, where they given their own individual CFR numbers and if so, what were they?
I got in a lot of trouble at one point. I had one turret in Gunnery that was so worn, it was almost impossible to use on the ranges. When one of the D&M tanks had to go for rebuild, I did a swap. Instead of putting its IMR turret on it, I put the worn out turret on it. Apparently, the ECC for the turret and hull did not match, so my gunnery tank obviously had not been modified for the driver cab. Ottawa was not pleased at all.

I would assume, (just guessing) that some tanks going for rebuild were slated for the School in Gagetown, and were modified to accept the cab.

Most of the extra hulls were sent to 25 CFSD in Montreal to be stripped and used for spare parts. A few (three or four, I can't remember exactly) were used to replace the C Sqn worn out hulls, and adopted the original CFR.