Thread: Heads Up: CMPs for sale in Holland
View Single Post
Old 13-01-17, 00:21

Hanno, sadly I missed the viewing day, but I hope it went to a good home and that we will see it again....as I would love to have a close look at the truck and the remaining details in the body!

The truck is a rare Machinery "A", originally used for turning, drilling and grinding. Even though the tools and fixtures have gone, there aren't too many modifications on the rest of the truck and body which wouldn't make it too difficult to return to WW2 spec.

Originally it would have had a LeBlond 17" lathe with 54inch bed (lengthwise), a bench drill, some portable drills, bench grinder and a battery charger powered by a Briggs and Stratton engine in a compartment at right rear of the body.
That orange piece in the pictures looks a lot like the original storage for the lathe chucks, which was positioned under a bench in the front of the body. The left side of the bench was angled to gain access to the entrance door.

You might be surprised, but if you have a look around Ebay and some of the historic engineering websites, you will find that a lot of the original tools, like LeBlond lathes, Black and Decker drills, heaters, grinder etc. come up for sale quite regularly. So, with some time and effort you could make this C60X into a real show stopper...the problem is they also make good camper vans

regards,
Alex