View Single Post
Old 19-12-06, 20:38

Default Re: Rad!

Quote:
Originally posted by David_Hayward

e) The truck in the last photo looks to me as though it is a 1940 Model by the radiator grille, and the lights. The photos I have seen of 1939 Models assembled in Alexandria for the Egyptian Government "civilian" use have no parking lights and neither do the 1939 trucks assembled for the WD. I am only too willing to be proven wrong but that's my suggestion.
David I too think it is a WB 158 1/2 inch wheelbase model as well. If it is not a locally (Alexandria) built body it would suggest that some of these 'Flat Cowl' 3 ton models were bodied as softtops or even complete portee's in Ottawa and shipped either PKD or as complete units.

This is the first that I have heard of what I refer to as the 'LRDG' body style (or local Egyptian type) been built in Ottawa or for that matter the US. I know the 'Indian pattern bodies' were similar with their open cabs.

I would also take a stab now and say that my original photo is almost certainly 1940 WB 158 1/2 inch wheelbase trucks rather then the later YS 160 inch wheelbase model.

Cheers
Cliff