View Single Post
Old 25-06-12, 11:43

Peter,

you comment about numbers of members being down.

Frankly I think the OMVA is suffering the same as other vehicle groups that were born in the pre world wide intraweb days.

Many people are up against distance and time and going to such an event is yielding less and less for the efforts involved.

So much is traded these days on ebay and other sites that parts sales are done directly with dealers using paypal and credit cards delivered directly to home.

I am a long time member of a Land Rover group and we are suffering the same decline. Many members find the camradre online in forums superior to local knowledge.

It is a sad sign of the times.

As far as the great unwashed masses ie the general public we are fighting huge competition for summer entertainment by a generation that has no connection or interest to things military or war related. Add to that the cost of advertising such an event and we are bound to see less attendees.

Those of us in the 50 plus age range are dinosaurs in our interests and those coming behind are thin on the ground with such interests it would seem.

That is my viewpoint, anyone care to counter that?

R