View Single Post
Old 19-10-21, 08:56

Default Truck Bed Liner?! WTH?!

WARNING!!!! DO NOT DO WHAT I DID HERE< CHECKK BACK LATER AS THE BEDLINER FAILED AFTER LESS THAN A YEAR AND IS PEELING OFF THE ALUMINUM< I"LL ADD TO THE THREAD AFTER I GET A CHANCE TO STRIP THE ROOF AND FIGURE OUT A BETTER PROCESS< PROPOBLY NOT THE PRODUCT BUT MY APPLICATION!????????so, i had thought about this for quite some time so I decided to coat the whole roof with a DIY truck bed liner. I had some experiance with applying truck bed liner to the bed of my 20 cwt trailer and it's been indestructible in that application which was a rustoleum product. This time I went with a spray application called Raptor. It was easy to use and like any new procedure to me I check out the manufacturers video's and Youtubers, gave me the confidence to go for it. Reasonable working time with a bottle, used two bottles for first coat and two for the second coat but hard to gauge coverage with the second coat so I was up there with a powerful flashlight checking out coverage before I popped the last bottle. With all the hardware and traction strips it was what you call a complex surface, a truck bed would be easier. I gave it a full 8 days before I got up on the roof to remove the last of the masking tape. What I failed to mention I jerry rigged up a scaffold all around the truck so I could work from the sides only getting on the roof at the beginning to do the centre few square feet then worked around. This stuff is polyurethane based so it was compatible with all the sealer I used previously and I managed not to make much of a mess with it. The special spray gun was accurate and consistent
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3362.jpg   IMG_3365.jpg   IMG_3367.jpg   IMG_3363.jpg   IMG_3337.jpg  

Last edited by Harry Moon; 20-07-22 at 19:14. Reason: warning about what turned out bad.