View Single Post
Old 06-11-21, 22:26

Default HEADBANDS, Web, No. C1 ZA/CAN 0594

Probably a bit of a crap shoot with this item, when it comes to any correct orientation for it, but I will stick my neck out and suggest that at the factory, these Headbands were assembled with the stitched end facing up, to keep the smooth web face against the Operator’s head when in use, and with the closed loop located at the right hand Receiver assembly. I suggest this side for three reasons.

First, of all such web headbands I have available to look at, two thirds are oriented this way. Second, the photograph of the Type 10 Headgear in the 52-Set Operator’s Manual shows the web headband oriented this way. Third, the 1940’s world was very much a Dexter centric World. My parents (Dad from Winnipeg and Mum from Wigan) both regaled me with stories from their school days wherein classmates who tried using their left hands to do anything, had their hands wrapped with a ruler and told in no uncertain terms to use their right hand. To this last statement, I will refer you to the next Post covering the next Type 10 Headgear item.

David
Attached Thumbnails
HEADBANDS, Web, No. C1  ZA:CAN 0594.JPG