Thread: Paint...
View Single Post
Old 16-09-05, 19:00

Default Notes on paint...

To answer your question on the MV paint that is out there, I haven't heard anyone mention anything negative about Gillespie, nor the paint that Markus offers. I bought the stuff Markus has, the 33070 stuff, it sprayed well, covers well and I'm very happy with it.

Regarding colours between 319, 33070, or...the khaki shade, what is it, 34807 or something like that? At any rate, depending on who you talk to, you'll either hear that (insert paint colour code here, either 319 OR 33070) is the exact same colour as the NOS parts/unexposed part off of my jeep... or you'll even hear that neither 319 or 33070 are the correct OD shade for U.S. based vehs from WWII.

I personally have NOS parts (or what I THINK are NOS parts) and they are the same (or damn close enough) to the paint I used, 33070, and close enough to repro parts I bought as well. All paints I've seen are definatly in the same spectrum of OD..at least to my broken eyes

Saying that, the khaki drab paint, 34708 or whatever the code is, is a very close match to the Commonwealth khaki drab paint used mid-war, before dog turd brown.

Hope that helps!

Tim