View Single Post
Old 23-07-13, 05:24
VMVC

Default Qualos lathe operating manual

Well things are settling down a bit since our son-in-laws accident over 3 months ago. There hasn't been any improvement in his situation but we are starting to come to terms with it and getting on with our lives.

I haven't done any work on the Blitz since April but I have started to get back into related things gradually. I have reverse engineered the plans for my tyre chain boxes from a banged up sample with a missing lid. I had to take a bit of artistic license with the lids as the only photos I've seen of them does not give the full picture.

I also have found a really great guy who does horse float work for my daughter who has a large pan brake and guillotine in his workshop and has offered me the use of it, plus training, anytime I want to fabricate them.

I have also finally bought the Qualos lathe from our friend so the next nice day when I can get some strong help I will bring it home. Luckily it is only a 2 km trip but I will still lash it down like I did to cargo in the past for a sea voyage.

As my late dad used to say "It never hurts to ask." I emailed Mitutoyo Qualos here in Melbourne last weekend on the off-chance they might still have an Operator's/Maintenance Manual on their lathes in the archives from which I could at least get a photocopy. Lo and behold on Monday AM I received a PDF of the manuals and sales brochures of the era (see attached)
It is really nice to get a reply, let alone good information, sixty years old at that. So often requests for information don't even get a reply in these days Unless a sale is involved!

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails
qualos_0001.jpg  

Jacques Reed