View Single Post
Old 30-09-17, 19:56

Default Canadian VC Group

It looks like the post from Hanno was deleted while I wrote this response.

Hanno, inspirational words but there is little anyone can do unless someone wants to go door-to-door to raise the money to keep them in Canada. Keep in mind that the politics and interest in the military/history are very different in Canada from those in NW Europe. Living in Canada we are constantly subjected to a Federal Government willing to give millions of taxpayers dollars away for whatever cause is on top of their agenda. For me anyway it is a case of if the Federal Government feels that Currie's VC Group is of national importance to stick in a museum, then pony up the cash and buy it. At a time when defence spending and procurement is in crisis and the Veterans community has to fight for adequate funding, my tax dollars are being used to pay the wages of the Afghan Army and have paid off a convicted terrorist. Paying lip-service to history and not having an adequate budget on hand to purchase the medals group really comes as no surprise.

It is laughable really, a rich person from outside of Canada legally bought an export controlled medals group by outbidding our government, I am now curious to see how this all plays out.