View Single Post
Old 16-03-08, 13:22
Tim

Thumbs up What a week

Hi Everyone
I have just got home and unloaded the jeep, The Stuart and the Bren are still travelling. The short story WOW , the long story, very condensed, we had a major drama with the stuart after developing a leak in the oil reservoir tank. If you know anything about stuarts that requires that the engine be removed!!
So Friday with the help of some very wonderful people we lifted the engine enough to take the oil tank out through the lower inspection plate, have it repaired and then refited the reservoir. 11.00 PM Friday we test ran the vehicle, by 12.30 am Saturday the tools and many many empty water bottles had been cleaned up. It was about 40 degress most of the weekend, so in side and under a tank was thirsty work.
In what felt like a few minutes the alarm clock was going and we made the run into the assembly point at the front of the caravan park.
An incredible feeling driving the Stuart down the main street, in company with another Stuart.
We then had one more small drama, as the battery we had been using would not stuart the radial for the trip back, so a quick tow and we were back in the game, but a little late. What I did not realise was that the second group, made up of the bren carriers were following me through the street.
There were about 175 vehicles, of which I am sure a full list will be posted, truely an incredible weekend.
As I was busy and then very tired I did not get to have a good look at all the vehicles or the swap, but everyones comments have been positive.
After all the dramas and sleep loss the highlight was then getting a ride in the T34!!
To everyone that helped me with the Stuart repairs THANK YOU, it was a fantastic effort.
Also to everyone involved in the organisation and running of the event, it was fantastic and you should be proud and very satisfied with what was achieved.

Tim Scriven