View Single Post
Old 31-03-19, 17:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Eades View Post
I have questions:
Is the tank the same profile as a CMP fuel tank?
Does it have filler cap or breather at the top?Does the fitting we see have a tube to the top of the tank on the inside? How is it hooked up / How does it work?
There are three models of the overflow and condenser cans produced by Ford Canada for their specific universal carrier models, C01UC, C21UCM, and C31UCW. The condenser can was introduced after the C21UCG model. The condenser cans replaced the copper radiator overflow pipe.

There are examples of a standard 2 gallon POL can converted for use as a condenser can found on some C01UC carriers.

The main difference in the three Ford production condenser cans is their method of mounting, and the necessary change in location of the relief and overflow valves. The condensers started at serial # 12106 when specified on MK-I* carriers; at serial # 14905 on UC-2 mortar carriers, then the entire production of the C31UCW models.

The tank is the same profile as the CMP condenser can, however I am not able to tell you how that compares with the CMP fuel tank.

No tubes exist inside the can.

Hook up and function is through an input-output elbow located on the bottom using the vacuum method. There is a single relief valve on the top. On the C31UCW models, a copper line runs from a connector elbow (CTL 7119, see page 124 of FUC-03) inside the engine cover frame, traveling inside the radiator blanking plate.