View Single Post
Old 31-01-16, 12:16

Default Opinons please

Last week I sripped the dash panel from all knobs, bolts etc. and found some paint remnants....I would be very interested what others have to say about the colours!

I have found a satin black primer on the rear of the panel (normally hidden by the centre frame) and behind the bolts/washers normally fastening the panel to the frame.

Khaki green G3 can be found where the engine cover normally sits , behind some of the switches and behind the brace holding the steering shaft/tube.

A brown/red colour appears in several locations; first I thought remains of SCC2, but it might be Red Brown primer???

There is a rich brown/green colour behind the central fuel switch and on some of the sections of the dash; I think this might be SCC2???

The final colour is a blue-ish colour that is the top coat on all parts. Blue is the best description, so maybe a civvy post-war paint job, but it could also be a green that has faded to blue. Any opinions?

I hope the pictures help, but it was hard to capture the colours with the camera.

regards,
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Dash colour1.jpg   Dash colour2.jpg   Dash colour3.jpg